Three-Dimensional Cladding Made of Parametric ALUCOBOND Tray Panels
Thinking of Bauhaus Berlin is automatically associated with Gropius. Now, Berlin has another association: The new building of the Bauhaus AG by Müller Reimann Architects. The new building is a warehouse construction with an extravagant façade and has the prominent address Kurfürstendamm 129a
The three-dimensional façade cladding made of parametric ALUCOBOND tray panels spans across the whole structure with a floor space of 22,000m². It reflects the light and changes its colour through different light incidences according to weather and daytime.
“The effect of the façade is generated with the combination and overlay of different elements: reflecting surfaces, advertising lines, winter garden and plants”, say the architects.
The ‘City Garden’, a winter garden in front of the sales area promotes the building centre like an oversized showcase. The long windows are used as huge advertising media and draw the attention to the deepness of the former railway lane. A drive-in area facilitates the purchase.
Technical Project Details
- Projekt: Neubau Bauhaus Fachcentrum mit Stadtgarten und Drive-In am Halensee
- Objektadresse: Kurfürstendamm 129a, 10711 Berlin
- Bauherr: Bauhaus AG
- Architekt: Müller Reimann Architekten, Berlin
- Projektleitung: Ole Ritzke
- Fassadenplanung: facade-lab GmbH – Großbeeren
- Verarbeiter / Verleger: Henke AG
- Fassadenmaterial: ALUCOBOND Plus Brillantmetallic (602)
- Baujahr: 2013
- Fotos: Stefan Müller