View & Download Brochures
Watch Company Videos
More recently the range has been extended to include solar thermal panels and light tunnels, all of which are distributed from a 33,000 square foot, high bay purpose-built warehouse in Swadlincote. The company is considered to be the second largest roof window manufacturer in the world and has over 3200 employees.
FAKRO’s continuing emphasis on innovation has led to industry leading developments such as:
- The FTT U8 Thermo quadruple-glazed roof window with a U-value of 0.58 W/m²K
- The patented topSafe system of hinge and lock reinforcement which provides the highest standard of safety and security currently available in standard roof windows (minimum Class 3 – EN13049)
- The preselect roof window which enables functionality to be switched from top hung to centre pivot at the flick of a switch in the frame
- FSC certification for the supply chain of timber used to manufacture roof windows and loft ladders
- Becoming the first roof window manufacturer to achieve BBA certification
- Use of an automatic air vent as standard in all windows. The V40P air inlet has a capacity of up to 52m³/hr (at a pressure difference of 10Pa)
- Use of only high quality, close-grain redwood pine guaranteeing energy efficiency and water tightness
The design of FAKRO roof windows provides a bigger overall glazing area and more light by virtue of the air inlet being in the top section of the frame. Up to a 10% larger glazing area is provided over competing products of the same size.
A universal installation system makes it possible to install windows on either rafters or battens and at three depths within the roof to suit the tiles, slates, shingles or metal roof covering used.
All products are available in conservation style and the company offers a range of white PU-coated pine and PVC roof windows for use in high humidity areas.